Translate

Monday 18 August 2014

Uzuri - Beautiful Food Par-excellence - 4.5/5- A must visit



Uzuri is an African name which means `Beauty`. And so true to its name like John Keats said “A thing of beauty is a joy forever.” And very rightly so, this place reflects beauty in its ambiance and in its food as well. Located in the hustling bustling GK-2 M Block Market, I love the way all floors of Uzuri are done up. I love the outside seating and gala wooden interiors and the romantic setting. Serving cuisines inspired by European and African influences, I was introduced to Uzuri during the Restaurant Week India a couple of months back and this review comes a little late, but better late than never to tell my patrons about one of my greatest gastronomic discoveries in the city.

Uzuri has created enough buzz around and with celebrity Chef Guy Clarke's name (a South African Masterchef finalist), Uzuri confirms its passport to be a top name in the food circuits of Delhi. A formal dining room on the first floor is decorated with beautiful paintings of African landscapes, tribal masks and artifacts and you will know that its not the usual run of the mill kind of a place, but a formal fine dine restaurant serving awesome food, and spotless service.

Uzuri is spread over two levels. Level 2 offers an unparallelled intimate dinning experience that boasts of a unique décor with a seating capacity for 40 patrons. The Bar and Deck on Level 3 has an equally contemporary décor with great indoor and outdoor space offering a perfect place to enjoy drinks with friends and family. 

The restaurant week Menu was fantastic and spoils you with choice and you really get confused what to order.   The staff at Uzuri was extremely warm and friendly, and take real good care of you. The evening began with some drinks actually sparking wine, and wow, Jacobs creek sparkling is fantastic. Then came the bread basket containing a wide variety of awesome breads and I was blown away even before the real food started. So the restaurant week menu that we chose to have, had the below options and I am more than happy I chose the below dishes to taste

The cost was 1350/- plus tax per person and the jacobs creek sparking came for 350/- plus tax exta but this was surely worth it. 

1. Jacobs creek Sparkling - Ah the bubbly was mindblowing. Cant rate this though, even though I wish this was an Uzuri product but it went very well with the menu.

2. Puy lentil, carrots, hazelnuts Feta & mint salad - Simply mind blowing and the unique combination of the ingredients really make up for a fine salad. My rating - 4/5.

3. Confit Chicken and Pea Salad - Ah this was lovely and the curls of cheese  on top made the salad dimply mind blowing. The Confit chicken was delicately flavoured and blew me away. My rating -4/5

4. Chilli garlic prawns with Paprika and lemon butter sauce - was the dish of the day for me and tasted simply superb. The prawns with the lemon butter dressing really went well the veggies in the dish. My rating -4.5/5

5. Lamb Shoulder, Kale, capers & Pickeled walnuts - Oh my my, the lamb was cooked to perfection and the capers and walnuts made this dish even super. Full marks for presentation. My rating - 4/5

6. Sea Bass, Chorizo, Lobster Bisque Risotto & Fresh Water Cress - The Sea bass with a chorizo based Risotto tasted divine. The risotto was mildly spiced and te chorizo elevated it to the next level. My rating - 5/5

7. Half Roast chicken, Polenta Chips, Butter Reduction and Grilled Seasonal vegetables - Ah the Polenta Chips was a great twist to the half roast chicken. I was awestruck at the superb presentation and unique blend of flavours of this dish. Superb - My rating -4.5/5

8. Chicken Chorizo Jambalaya - My husband had this dish and was full of praises at this dish and loved the chorizo too much. Her rating - 4/5

9. Banoffee Pie W Buttered Crumbs, Toffee Sauce, Sugared Bananas and Espresso Mousse - My Ist time having Banoffe Pie, and I wasnt disappointed. I was transported to a dessert heaven or may be charlies chocolate factory. Loved it. My rating - 5/5

10. Chocolate Cheesecake W Orange Jelly, Candied Orange Zest and Marbled Chocolate Cream - Even though this looked delicious, but Chocolate Cheesecake - Not for me My rating 2.5/5

I had a fantastically romantic evening with my husband and the dimlights added to the effect. Guys! this is definitely one of the best fine dine places in the city - A must visit. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment