Translate

Saturday 23 August 2014

SAM CHILLIN @ CHILI'S PUNE :) - THE BEST PLACE TO PARTY HARD


Chilis has been one of my favourite hangouts in Delhi and me and my friends can vouch for the great food and great times we have had at Chilis both in Delhi and in Gurgaon. I was recently holidaying in Maharashtra and was visiting Lavasa, so was staying a night in Pune at the Ibis Hotel adjacent to Phoeix Market city Mall. So after we checked in, we were all set to party, so we headed straight to the Phoenix Market city mall.
Phoenix Market City is very prominently located in Pune and while strolling in the Mall we located the rather prominent Chilis on the upper ground floor of the mall. Chilis is a hot and happening place that you can head out to party, any day and any time. They play some great music and serve some great cocktails and mocktails coupled with great food ensuring that you have a rockng time.

As soon as we entered the ever colourful chilis, I knew we are going to have one hell of a time. The ambiance is oh so vibrant and colourful that you get a wow feeling as soon as you enter. The Colourful Margarieta Bar with an experienced Bar tender tendering some of the most amazing cocktails and Mocktails to the attentive, polite and courteous service staff are the USP's of the place. Menu although is the usual Chili's Menu with the  most amazing foods ranging from Nacho's to Calamari to cheese poppers and Fajita's, Pork ribs and even Jumbalaya. The menu has a great compilation of dishes and you want to try every single item on the menu.

The server greeted us and recommended that we start with their signature mocktails - California and Spring. He was sweet enough to even make suggestions for the starters and mains as well. I was dying to have the barbeque pork ribs, and it is indeed so so so very sad that the ribs weren't available that day. So I spoke to the Manager on duty and he was sweet enough to tell me that their demand for ribs exceeds supply, well ! I don't blame you, I told Mr. Das, the Manager, because the ribs are oh so amazing and I am sure you run out of stock every month. So this is what we had. Read on.

1. California - A great mocktail, served so beautifully with a sweet lime garnish. The flavour of watermelon is oh so so amazingly refreshing. The zing of watermelon in a mocktail could be so good? I didn't know that. Loved it. I so wanted to have another glass, sad I was so full and couldn't. If you follow my blog and FB page I am sure you would have seen the amazing video I shot at Chili's pune where the bartender was making this great drink. If you havent go wtch it. My rating - 5/5

2. Spring - A wonderrfully tangy mocktail with so much punch in it and if you are a fan of tangy flavoured drinks, then this is just the drink for you. My rating 4/5

3. Cheese poppers - Oh so crisp and cheezy, just perfect as they are supposed to be. Served with awesome dips - Chipotle Ranch, avocado ranch and honey mustard My rating - 4/5

4. Chicken crispers- were nice and juicy and  so true to their name - crunchy and crispy,, and the dips made them super awesome. just that I ould have liked some more flavour in them, may be herby or something else. My rating 3/5

5. Cheese Nacho's - Loved the super cheezy nacho's with jalapeneo topping and served wit hsour cream and salsa. The fact that the cheese on top was mozarella and cheddar and their combined flavour made them rocking. My rating - 4/5

6. Crispy Calmari - Well, Chili's by far serves my most favourite batter fried Calamari in India. And I am never disappointed every time I have ths at Chili's. The batter fried crispy Calamari with the awesome dips, make me forget the whole world around me. My rating - 5/5

7. Peppered Basa Fillet - OMG! the basa fillet was superbly marinated and cooked to perfection. It tasted like pure heaven. My rating - 4/5

8. Terlingua Pride Tenderloin Burger- This massive macho burger is one of the best tenderloin bugers Sam has ever had. And I love the terlingua chilli pulp on top of the medium cooked tenderloin patty. The patty was so moist and juicy and the mustard, gherkins and lettuce on top make this one complete helluva burger. My rating - 4/5

9. Molten Chocolate - Oh you have to see the video I made of this awesome dessert on my blog to believe how heavenly this dessert is. Even though similar variations of this are served elsewhere as well. But the version served at chili's ought to be the best. A gooey molten chocolate lava cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce on top gave a divine touch to this dessert. My rating - 5/5

Guys! there may be a lot of party places in every city but there arent many party places which also serve some great food. So you gotta raid Chili's next time you are around Pune or Phoenix market city. I am coming back for sure. My over all rating -4/5

© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi










































No comments:

Post a Comment