Translate

Thursday 28 August 2014

L' Opera - Flashy yet a fun Bakery :) 3.5/5


Flashy! I thought when I saw the bakery while I was parking my car just outside. This bakery's first impression for anyone who is a first time visitor would be that of a very upmarket, upscale and high class bakery cum café. 

I was quite intrigued to note that they run around 4 outlets across the city and this one in Khan market is quite prominently located. There aren't many bakeries in or around Khan market with the exception of a Sugar and spice in the same market so they sort of get a competitive edge.

I would say that it would be completely unjust to compare Lópera to Sugar and Spice purely due to the quality of products and the ambience of this café cum bakery. They have small seating space so you can grab your muffin or your sandwich and read a book while sipping your coffee and munching your muffin or binging on to your sandwich.

I was in Khan market 2 days back when my eyes were locked onto a very super attractive show window of this bakery. Nicely decorated colourful macroons, chocolate cakes; oh lord! I was melting away to glory imagining the tastes of these beauties. As I entered I was welcomed to quite a sight of French hearts, and lemon tarts and fresh bread loafs, and meringues, and pastries, and tea cakes and biscuits, cakes and yummilicious savory items - sandwiches, chicken quiches, tapas and canapés. Quite a unique array of fresh bakes unlike most bakeries. 

I chose to treat myself to a parma ham sandwich and a chocolate wrapped pastry as you can see in the pictures. The Ham sandwich was so so fresh and so great in taste with some cheese, some cucumber and some fresh lettuce - Bingo! The chocolate wrap pastry had a nice biscuit crumb base and a creamy gooey chocolate centre and a nice semi hard chocolate coating from outside. Great! Well I would kind of deduct the half point because I thought one slice of pastry for 245/- bucks was a little too heavy on my pocket. Otherwise this place simply is going up my charts of one of the city's best bakeries.



© http://whatsamsaysabout.blogspot.in/
© What Sam says about________ ?
© https://www.facebook.com/whatsamsaysabout
© www.zomato.com/shambavi














No comments:

Post a Comment